Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yellowstone

Last week we headed to Idaho, again. This time our destination was Yellowstone! We both hadn't been there for a long time and had lots of fun with Ryan's parents. Before we left for Yellowstone, we couldn't pass up a beautiful day of boating with my family at Gem Lake. I miss living close to that boat! Ryan got up on waterskiis for the first time and did amazing! Here are a few pictures...Then began our Yellowstone adventure. We drove up to a cabin we had rented in Island Park and spent the night there. The next day we woke up bright and early and headed into the park. Our first stop was Old Faithful.


We then drove around and saw some very pretty scenery, hot pots, and animals.


This huge guy decided to walk right down the middle of our lane for quite some time.

After a tour around the park we went to the IMAX theater in West Yellowstone and learned all about Alaska. It was huge! I had never been to one before. We then decided to find us some dinner. In the process we found an old train car that had been remodeled. We were able to walk through it, take some pictures, and have a little tea party.
We found one of those old western photo places. Ryan and I weren't very good at looking serious!

That night we went to the Playmill and saw Guys and Dolls. Again, I had never been to the playmill and it was lots of fun. It was a fun and busy day!


The next day we went floating down Henry's Fork. Of course, we forgot our camera so we are lacking on the pictures. Ryan's mom was nice enough to meet us in the car at the end and was able to get some pictures. We'll have to steal some from her later. It was a nice, relaxing float trip!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun trip! I love the old pictures, so cute! Yellowstone is lots of fun!

Jessica said...

Fun!!

Megan said...

Looks like you guys had fun!!! I love the old time picture it is cute!