Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Catch Up

I feel like I am constantly trying to play catch up, especially when it comes to blogging. Now that I am finally starting to feel better, I've been trying to take advantage of the time Ryan and I get to spend together. The weekend before Valentines day we planned a fun weekend. Saturday night we headed to a restaurant in Sandy called Spaghetti Mamas. They were hosting a Hunt Murder Mystery dinner. It was a lot of fun! The characters all wandered around and acted as though you were guests at their dinner party. Of course, a crime was committed and it was up to all of us to figure out who it was. We had to wander around and ask all the characters questions. Everyone submitted a paper telling who they thought committed the crime, why, and how (kind of like Clue). We were way off! It sounds confusing, but it was lots of fun!!

After that, we headed to the Hines Mansion Bed and Breakfast. I have always wanted to stay at one, so Ryan humored me. It was a really neat old building which fit right in with our "clue" themed night. We stayed up late watching movies and eating treats (our room was right by the kitchen). The hosts were very nice, and cooked us a delicious breakfast. Although we didn't go far, it was the perfect little getaway!

Friday we made a quick trip up to Idaho for one of my best friends weddings. They are so happy and in love! I just love weddings! She looked amazing, and I'm so happy for them. The best part is that they are going to be living in Provo because he is going to school at BYU! We love going to Idaho, and it is weird to think that that may have been one of our last trips up there without two little boys in the back seat!


In pregnancy news, I'm getting big and uncomfortable. But other than that, I am actually feeling pretty good. Sleeping is getting harder the bigger I get and the more active they become. It is so fun to feel them though. We definitely have some karate kids or soccer players on our hands. It is the weirdest feeling in the world to feel jabs all over your stomach. It is hard to explain to Ryan, but I think he is starting to understand since he described my stomach as a popcorn bag. The doctors say they are both looking good. They are both growing and measuring right on which is a relief! We are slowly getting ready for them to come by getting things here and there. The other day we pulled out our stroller and practiced pushing it around. We refer to it as the baby train. We also practiced putting the car seats in the car and went for a little ride. We are just a little excited...

4 comments:

Curtis & Ashley said...

You're looking all cute! It's fun to read your updates. You are going to be such a fun mom. Those are some lucky boys! I miss working with you..I'm working at a SNF and yah..it makes me miss working at the hospital with so many fun people! Hope your pregnancy continues to go well!!

Megan said...

I am seriously sad I am missing seeing your cute growing stomach in person :) I'm thinking about you...so happy that the babies are growing well!!! Miss you!

Sara said...

oh, I can't wait to see them!! how fun.

Jarom & Marisa said...

Jamie, you are so cute.

You guys will be pro's before those boys even get here.

And, I'm jealous. I love clue. I make Jarom play the board game all the time. :) I never win though...