Saturday, April 2, 2011

The News

On the 26th my amazing friends Lara, Heidi, and Lindsay threw me a baby shower. They had some yummy treats to satisfy my cravings and fun games planned. I had lots of fun, and got some cute things! Everyone has been so willing to step in and help us get prepared for the babies. Thanks guys!


Ryan is finishing up his masters thesis and is defending it next Friday. I think we are both nervous, but so excited for it to be done! He has put in so much time and hard work on it. I can't wait to have that stressed/exhausted look on his face disappear! Graduation is less than 3 weeks away!


Ryan celebrated his 26th birthday! Unfortunately, I wasn't much into party planning this year, so it was kind of lame. We did go to Tucanos the Saturday before his birthday. It is his favorite, and I of course made them sing to him. On his actual birthday, I mustered up every ounce of energy I had left and made him a birthday dinner and got him balloons. Then we went out for a treat. I'm glad he agreed that it was ok to postpone his birthday celebration for a few months.


I have survived 31 weeks of pregnancy! Last week at our 30 week appointment, the doctor measured my stomach just for fun (they usually don't measure me because the ultrasounds are much more accurate). I measured at 41 weeks. And let me tell you I feel it! The boys are both growing great though! At 29 weeks they weighed a little over 3 lbs each and were right on for height. They are active and healthy so I couldn't ask for anything more! The awesome ultrasound tech turned on the 3D aspect of the ultrasound and we got some fun pictures of Twin B. (Twin A was face down and hard to get to). It was so fun to see! We are getting more and more excited- and nervous! We are pretty much ready for them, but it seems time has stopped. Hopefully April goes by fast!


I have no idea why there are so many spaces- but I am sick of trying to fix it!

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Oh I wish I had been there for the shower. I bet it was SO much fun! And congrats on graduation in a month...that's kind of exciting (when I say kind of, what i mean is- really really really).

Anonymous said...

WOW! Way to go girl! Hope you are taking it easy and giving yourself time to rest and relax.

The Jones Family said...

Congrats on so many exciting things happening! I'm sure you're ready for it to all just happen already. Make sure you relax and take plenty of naps before those cuties get here :)

Maija-Liisa said...

Hey Jamie, So I just found your blog and saw that you are having twins. I think I had heard that through the grape-vine somehow, but wanted to tell you congratulations and good luck!! You will be a great mom!

Oh and you totally went on the same cruise that my husband and I went on last summer. It is a way fun vacation huh! :)