I live with a beaver. Seriously. Kegan gnaws on everything wood. His crib was the first thing which I learned to be ok with, but now its everything else. My nightstand, cabinets, the window sills... The first time he left a gash in my brand new cabinets I wanted to cry. Mind you he just recently sprouted teeth number 3 and 4 (I can't imagine what a full set of teeth is going to be like!) Obviously, at 10 months he doesn't respond well to "no". Are there obvious solutions that I am missing here besides removing everything wood from the home?? Ryan suggested getting them mouth guards, but I'm open for other ideas. Braden doesn't have any teeth yet, but enjoys gumming the same things Kegan does so I'm sure it is only going to get worse. Suggestions??
 |
| A section of Kegan's crib |
 |
| This has nothing to do with the post, but this is them looking super cute on St. Patricks Day |
6 comments:
Haha, oh no! I'm still in the surprise spit up phase, every time I think I'm safe its bleh! And the kid is covered. I hope you find a solution and if you do make sure you blog about it so I can see :) Your boys are so cute, I loved the previous post about how much they help you around the house.
There are covers for crib rails that would help with that, but maybe it's too far gone for you to care about that. I'm not sure about the other wood. I put covers on Will's crib and he doesn't seem to be going after the other furniture, maybe because he can't do it easily with the crib so he forgot about it? I don't know...
I never had to worry about that but I have heard of people putting something on the spots he chews so it tastes gross, but I cant remember what. lol good luck!
Never dealt with a beaver before (just a paper eater). I would try Becky's idea tho, put something gross on it, nothings coming to mind but something with a strong flavor. Or come to our office and get him fitted for a night guard :)
Good luck!
Maybe it's a twin thing, because my boys did this too! Their cribs, the window sills, the edge of my table... honestly I gave up trying to keep them from doing it. We just plan to repaint everything. They have now grown out of it, so don't worry yours will to! The bad part is, now they bite each other :(
Daniela used to chew on our table. We put a drop of Hot Chili sauce on it and it stopped the chewing immediately. In pet shops, they sell a natural bitter spray so dogs stop chewing on things. They say it's fine for furniture and non-toxic to dogs and so it may be all right for babies ;) At least Chili is actual food.
Post a Comment