Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Oh Funny"

That is a phrase Kegan says that just makes me laugh. I guess its just the way he says it, but I have no idea how to even describe it. So just take my word its pretty cute. 
These two bring joy and laughter into my life while testing my patience like its never been tested all at the same time. It is crazy to see how much they have changed in just a few months. These are just a few pictures that show the random and funny things they come up with. 
 This is now the preferred way to go down slides

 When I fold laundry they usually grab Dad's socks and put them on. Then they say they are going to go play soccer. Ryan and I have been playing a lot of soccer with different groups and teams, so they think these are the perfect size for soccer socks.
 One day they lined their chairs up like this like they were on an airplane. It made me laugh.
 My mom is in school and she wears reading glasses. So now they ask to do their "homework", which means they get their notebooks and colored pencils and draw. They always have to wear their potato head's glasses to help them see. 
I just noticed Braden had a white pencil. That one is "broken" and "daddy fix it". They think their dad is invincible and can fix anything and everything. If a train isn't moving- daddy fix it. If their cookie breaks- daddy fix it. One day one of the trucks that they were using to build new houses in our neighborhood broke and there were a few guys working on it. I told them it was broken, and they said with no doubt or hesitation "daddy fix it".

 Kegan packed his bag full of cars, got his hat, and said he was going to work. They pretend to go shopping, to church or to grandma's house a lot too. They always come and give me a kiss and a hug, then say "see ya! have fun!"
 Just a random occasion when it seemed best to play with a pool floatie in the driveway while wearing a helmet.
They had on their paint shirts, then put washcloths over their heads and were laughing hysterically. I'm not quite sure what they were "pretending"

In addition to these pictures there are a few other things I want to remember...
- They have started talking a ton! There is never a quiet moment in the car anymore. On Sunday their nursery leader stopped me twice to tell me how much they talk and that they could understand them so well. That made me a little nervous wondering what in the world they were saying...
- They love to sing. They ask me to sing during every meal and car ride. We sing when we wake up and when we go to bed. Aside from me always singing, they love to sing too. It usually ends up being a mash-up of a few different songs like Twinkle twinkle, ABC's and Happy Birthday or something like that. When they go to bed, they usually lay there and sing to themselves. They also seem to think that any book that doesn't have pictures is a hymn book. They will open it up and start singing. They love to sing the hymns in church, and the people in front of us usually turn around to look.
-They talk to each other and pretend things, and somehow they understand what is going on. I always think its funny when they understand a word that I can't pick out. Like when Braden asks Kegan to get something for him, and Kegan will go get it and I'm left wondering what he said. I'm glad someone understands! They are best friends and can't stand to be apart. They other day I had to take Kegan to the doctor for his allergies, and I decided to leave Braden at home. BIG MISTAKE! He screamed and cried for Braden the whole way there and during the entire appointment. It was so embarrassing. They thought he was scared, but I don't think they could tell he was saying "Braden" in between the sobs. Once we were in the car headed home to see Braden he calmed down. When Kegan leaves the room, Braden usually notices before me and asks for him. I hope they always stay good friends.
- They say the funniest phrases. I wish I could remember them all now! But one that I hear a lot is "Watch this!" Which is usually followed by them jumping off of something, or climbing, or standing on something... They have no fear and are too smart for their own good. Braden has figured out how to take the child locks off doors. It is so hard to keep things out of their reach!
-They love to pretend to "make dinner". Almost every toy or activity turns into cooking. They cook their cars, legos, playdough, sand... you name it-it becomes a food.
-Aside from being expert mess-makers, they have started to be good little helpers. Since they have a way of getting to most things, I can ask them to bring me things. Its starting to come in handy! They still tend to get lost on errands, but they are doing better!

3 comments:

Nicole A. said...

I love all of these posts!! Those boys have so much personality!

Melanie said...

They are growing up!! So cute. I love that they "cook" everything too.

Tiff said...

I'm kind of jealous that Lucy doesn't always have a buddy that understands her. :) Zoey is just now doing the playing thing with her sister but the gap doesn't make it as fun for the 3 year old. Cute little boys, it's so awesome that they are inseperable!