Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hale Freezes Over

This past weekend we ran a 5K sponsored by the Hale Theater. As you can see by the title, it was called Hale Freezes Over. The race was at 9:15 in the morning, and the sun had just barely made it over the mountains so it was freezing! The first two miles went well, and we were all making pretty good time. It was the last mile that just about killed me! It was all uphill, and a pretty steep hill for that matter! However, I did make it and was happy with my time and rank. We were able to run it with our friends Devin and Lindsay. After the race, they had an awards ceremony and giveaway. Ryan won a gift certificate to Legends in Salt Lake. They served us Wise guys pizza (which I never thought I would eat that early in the morning), but we both did, and it was a delicious way to end a rather healthy morning! After our nap that afternoon, we met back up with our friends and headed to Iggys. We were all decked out in white and blue for the BYU- Utah basketball game. The game was so fun! It was packed, and as you might have heard it got a little heated at the end. You got to love the rivalry! BYU pulled away with the win, so of course we had to celebrate with some frozen yogurt. We had such a fun day!
The team wore pink shoes for breast cancer awareness

To top off the perfect weekend, I was put on call on Sunday. I was able to go to church and spend a wonderful day home with Ryan.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

You guys are awesome! Love your new background too.

Lindsay said...

What a fun day! Thanks for letting us enjoy it with you! :)

Curtis & Ashley said...

Running a race in January is impressive!! Way to go!

Meg said...

congrats, i have always dreamed about doing a marathon but i feel that i don't have enough motivation and am way too overweight.

Susan said...

I found your blog at work! I didn't know you liked to run! way to go.