Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hurdle for Hope

This past Saturday we ran an amazing race. I absolutely loved it! It was an Extreme Race meaning it was pretty much a giant obstacle course. On the website there was a video of last years course, and I think this year was 10 times better! Of course, it was overcast and sprinkling on and off. Ryan and I have yet to do a race in half decent weather. The course started out going through a huge stretch of tires. My time chip broke of in this section so I had to carry it the rest of the way which was annoying. After that we did all sorts of hurdles. There were wooden ones of all sizes and hay bales. The obstacles kept getting bigger and bigger. We ended up crossing the stream quite a few times and ran/walked up it at one point. I was surprised at how deep it was! There were all sizes of hay bales stacked to create big barriers. Before the race we were told it is easiest just to jump and army roll off of them. ha! For a shorter person, it was quite challenging! We also jumped through a big bon fire, dove through a mud pit, climbed a few different types of walls like I imagine them doing at boot camp, and went through a nice soapy slip and slide. By the end my shoes felt like they weighed a ton from all the rocks and mud in them. We were dirty and soaking wet, but it was so much fun! I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the things we did. It was fun to do as a family, and I can't wait to do it again next year!







These are pictures my dad was able to take at the beginning and end. The race was put on by Gugelman photography so I'm excited to see the pictures they took.

After the race we all went home, got cleaned up, then headed to Scoop Jams. For $10 you could buy a wristband and get unlimited ice cream. All the ice cream places in town had stations!. There were other stations trying to sell you things, live music, and blow up toys. It was pretty yummy. As we were standing in line thinking about buying a wristband, a lady walked up and gave us 4 extra tickets that she wasn't going to use, and the boys ended up being free. That made it even better! We were all stuffed by the time we left.
That night Ryan and I went on a little date to our cute niece's play in Rexburg. She did such a good job! Overall, it was an awesome day!

No comments: