Holidays are just becoming more fun as the boys understand more. This year Easter was no exception. We had an egg hunt at the Eastmans on Saturday to get the boys all ready for Sunday
Saturday night we attempted to dye eggs. They really tried to help, but we are still working on being soft.
Easter morning was fun. They were so excited when they saw eggs and candy everywhere. They ran right over to the couch and starting stuffing jelly beans in their mouths as fast as they could. It took some coaxing for them to put things in their baskets to save for later.
Cute boys all dressed up for church by their loot. We got them a bunch of sand toys for the sand box we are putting in this week. I'm excited! They seriously couldn't be any cuter though.
After church we headed to the Dahls and had a delicious Easter dinner. The boys were spoiled with another egg hunt. There were even a couple eggs hidden for us with movie tickets inside.
While they didn't really understand why we celebrated, we at least tried. They know that Jesus has "owies" in his hands and feet. They can point them out when we look at pictures of Jesus. I'm excited to teach them what Easter is really about. I am grateful that Jesus was willing to get those "owies" for me. I'm grateful that we were able to focus on his life, the atonement, and resurrection. I teach the 12 yr old Sunday School class and this month we were learning about the atonement. I loved being able to study about it. I don't know how much I really taught the kids, but I felt the spirit so many times as I was studying for the lessons. The month ended perfectly as the atonement flowed right into the resurrection for our lesson on Easter. I am so grateful for a loving Savior that knows me and loves me despite my mistakes. I know that He lives! I am grateful for such a wonderful holiday that serves as a reminder of Christ's miraculous life and the perfect plan our Father in Heaven established for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment