Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Utah

We have taken quite a few trips to Utah to visit family these past few weeks. This is at my grandma Dahl's house. The boys had fun wandering around my Grandpa's farm, seeing the tractors and horses, and getting rides from Dad. They would have loved to see my Grandpa Dahl actually working out there.
 We met up with our good friends the Edvalsons at the This Is The Place Monument. It was miserably hot and not the best activity for three 2 yr olds, but we still had fun getting to see them!
 The best part for the boys was hands down the train. They loved it, and are still talking about it. "We rode train, remember?" Kegan always "reminds" us of things. These are some conversations we have had lately... Braden: How bout we get ice cream. Me: No, not today. Kegan: Its Sunday, remember? (if I say no, Kegan usually associates that with it being Sunday for some reason. Its funny.) Braden: How bout we go slides? Me: No, we have to go home now. Kegan: Its Sunday, remember? I promise I do say yes sometimes!
 But back to the trip... the trains were a hit and for days after they would fight over who got to wear the one train shirt we own. Why do we own 2 of most things including clothes? For that very reason!



 This is the little train they got to ride. Devin and Ryan looked so funny riding it!
 Panning for gold/splashing in the pond with a pan with cute little Avery

 This was the other highlight. Since I am deathly allergic to horses, Lindsay was nice enough to snap some pictures. It looks like they had fun! They still say they rode a brown horse. I guess most horses are brown, but it is funny that they remember that.
 More fun at the Dahl great-grandparents house
 Ryan and I snuck away one evening when we were down there for one of our favorite burgers. As you can see, it was on the Food Network's show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We love it. My grandma Atkinson was nice enough to let the boys stay at her house so we could have a little break.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

That place looks so fun! And that burger sounds soooo good right about now!