After we got back from Moab, we had a couple days at home then were off again. We had booked flights to Mesa to visit Ryan's sister and her family. We had been planning this for a long time, but of course things never go quite as you plan. A couple days before we were to leave, Kegan got sick. I will spare you the details, but it was bad. I was terrified at the thought of sitting with him on my lap for 2 hours. The night before we were going to leave, we went to the store to pick up a few things. In the middle of Albertsons, Braden started coughing and not looking too hot. I told Ryan to hurry and run him outside. But, we weren't fast enough. He lost it all over the beer and wine isle. It was one of those parenting moments that I just kept thinking "someday I will find this humorous right?".
After we made it home, Braden further initiated me into the motherhood club by losing it again all over me. It was the most direct hit I have ever taken. Lovely.
After cleaning everything up and getting the boys to sleep in their beds I wanted to cry. We had this wonderful trip planned the next day, we hadn't even begun to pack, and I had two sick boys. Ryan called the airline and talked to some robot human beings with no feelings that pretty much said we could switch our flights in exchange for our firstborn. Not happening. We started to pack, and got into bed way too late.
A few hours later, I was awake-sick and made my bed next to the toilet.
I think you get the picture. Our trip did not start off as planned. Before we had even made it through security Braden had thrown up 3 times. I literally was carrying a paper cup around attempting to catch my almost 2 yr olds' vomit. I'm sure the other passengers couldn't wait to get on a plane with us. Especially since it was a full flight, and Ryan and I can't sit by each other (there can only be 1 lap child in a full row).
Luckily there was a break in the clouds. There was an empty seat so we were able to sit in the same row as each other. As soon as the plane took off both boys fell asleep. Miracle? Yes.
As we landed we figured we should warn Ryan's sister. She came to pick us up prepared. This is how Braden rode around everywhere.
Thankfully Kegan was fine after the travel day. Braden was still off, but much better! They were able to enjoy playing with their cousins outside in the gorgeous weather.
We went to the children's museum in Mesa
They had tons of crafts to make.
This was one of the favorite things- a giant lite-brite
Despite the rough start, we already can't wait to go back!
2 comments:
You are sooo brave! I live in fear just taking Davie on a plane haha not to mention if he were sick! Looks like you had lots of fun, I'm glad you got that little miracle on your flight. Thank goodness for naps :)
Maybe it's the large amounts of licorice that I just ate but reading this post made me sick to my stomach. :) All that vomiting and getting ready to take two, 2 yr olds on a plane, you guys are champs! Glad the trip turned out fun and you got better quick. The whole barfing in the wine and beer isle that's just your little man being a missionary, trying to stray those away from the alcohol. :)
Post a Comment