June was a blur. I do have to say that the adjustment did go much better than expected. I had heard about a million horror stories about adding a third child. We had some adjustments, don't get me wrong, but it could've been worse. I was actually surprised at how easily she slipped right into our routine. People have constantly asked Ryan and I to compare having her to having the twins. I don't know if they are wanting me to validate the fact that having one baby is hard or what. It is. Having a newborn is hard. But if you want an honest answer, then yes, having one baby is easier than having two! I've found myself (writing this in December) wondering a few times how I did certain things with two babies. It is easier getting out with one newborn as opposed to two so I think that helped. I also am not 4 hours away from my family in a tiny apartment. That also helps.
The boys have done remarkably well. I have been surprised at how helpful they have been. It is so neat to watch them love her. I honestly think it was hardest for me. I wanted to get out and play with them like we always had done and felt guilty not doing so. However, they were fine. They play with each other and didn't seem to mind when I spent time with Elise.
In June we also celebrated this amazing father.
These two continued to make me laugh and made sure we never had a dull moment
I just love generation pictures. Elise got one with her great-grandma when she came to visit us. Not many people can say they have a picture with their 87 year old great-grandma. I sure love all these ladies!
I took advantage of lots of cuddles while watching the World Cup.
We took a trip to the sand dunes to get Grandpa Eastman get some sand for his sandbox. The boys had fun jumping and playing in the sand.
No comments:
Post a Comment