Friday, January 2, 2015

Halloween


Halloween was so fun this year. The boys were pretty excited for it. This was the first year that I let them choose what they wanted to be. I tried to steer them a little so their costumes would be somewhat similar. I wanted to try and squeeze in one more year of a family theme. I was surprised by their choices actually. We have a Halloween book and they both wanted to be something from it. Braden chose a mummy and Kegan chose a spider. I decided to make them and it was a lot of fun. I was pretty proud of the end result. Elise borrowed her cousin's ghost costume, I was a witch, and Ryan was dracula. A few days before Halloween we had the Eastman Halloween party. I always enjoy it!

Kegan's spider hat had eyes all over it. He even had a fly on one of his legs. (He ended up losing his fly sometime the night of Halloween. Judging by pictures we figured he had lost it sometime trick or treating. Just a few weeks ago we found it while delivering Christmas treats to neighbors! It was just sitting in the gutter in front of someone's house)

Aunt Jolene made this cute ghost costume, so I can only take credit for the pants and bow.
I wanted Braden to be able to get his costume on and off easy instead of wrapping and rewrapping him everytime he needed to go to the bathroom or something. So it is actually just a shirt and pants I made with muslin strips sewn on. It was a little time consuming, but I enjoyed it. I wish I had a better picture of it.
Ryan had planned to take Halloween day off, but was called in to work that morning. We were all a little dissappointed. My parents took me and the kids out to lunch then came back to our house and helped us start to carve some pumpkins. 
Side story- we had told the boys that we could go to the Red Barn (the farmers as the boys say) and pick out pumpkins. However, things kept coming up so we didn't end up going until the night of the 30th. We got there to find that they had run out of pumpkins. The boys were so sad. Albertsons was out too. We headed to Reeds Dairy and they luckily had 8 pumpkins to choose from. We took three and then someone came right after us and bought one. It was close!
Anyway, after we got all the goo out, Ryan made it home to help finish the carving. That night we had a fun spooky family dinner, went trick or treating to grandparents, then went around our neighborhood with our friends. The boys were literally running from house to house. I kept having to tell them to slow down and wait for everyone else. They loved the whole day and even the weeks leading up to it. We did a lot of fun things including crafts, making treats, decorating, making costumes, Boo at the Zoo, and parties.
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Nicole A. said...

Awesome job on the costumes!! They look great :)